Athlete's Feat


Thursday, January 2, 2014

Taking a look at the CrossFit phenomenon

By Dr. Lauren Napolitano
CrossFit R5, located in Wayne, is the newest outpost of the incredibly popular CrossFit fitness program.  CrossFit’s star has been rising over the last few years and it’s hard to pick up a fitness magazine without reading about its popularity.  CrossFit has a cult-like following among its disciples but is equally polarizing in the world of health and fitness.  More than any other fitness program, I had to see CrossFit for myself to understand the controversy surrounding this fitness program.

My Introduction to CrossFit R5

I drove up on the first night and watched from my car as a very strong man lifted what appeared to be 1000 lbs over his head.  I thought, ‘Good lord, what have I gotten myself into?’
I walked in and saw what appeared to be a very spartan gym.  No treadmills, no ellipticals, no exercise bikes.  There were pull up bars, weights, rowing machines, wooden boxes, and a few very large fans.  I watched in awe as ‘real’ CrossFitters (aka non-newbies) finished their ‘WOD’ (Workout of the Day).  They seemed very strong, very capable, and they also looked like they were having a blast.  I had to learn more.

2 Comments:

Blogger Monica Castello said...

This Athlete Jobs Zjob4u opportunities generated simply by these types of market sectors allowed people looking for work by various areas of the world.

March 10, 2014 at 11:45 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hey,Maybe I came across a little foolish. I just hate how Crossfitters disrespect Olympic style lifting. The clean and snatch were not meant to be performed in a high rep range because it compromises form. Crossfitters usually have terrible on the lifts and will end up with bad joints or other injuries. If you want to do conditioning effectively, push the Prowler, run some hills, or do some sprints. If you are going to do the Olympic lifts do them correctly with a low rep range and good rest periods in between each set.Thank you!!!!
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Crossfit Clothing

April 19, 2014 at 7:11 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Powered by Blogger

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]